Caught a Queen! Now what? *Splitted*

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

Jeremy1

Caught a Queen! Now what? *Splitted*

Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:27 am

Hello guys! Sorry for bumping old thread, but last night, I found what I think I've determined is an ANT QUEEN crawling across the carpet in front of my tv. I caught it. What in blazes do I do now?
check out totally new https://*** SPAM ***-au.com/*** SPAM ***/live to play online games for cash and play *** SPAM *** games for cash just try it

AntsLuxembourg

Re: Caught a Queen! Now what? *Splitted*

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:37 am

First for the moderation part. Please do not post into old topic that are 2 or more years old unless A. you are the owner of it or B. you had a role in it at the time. It's necroing and I just prefer to leave the old topic be unless there is some very good general advice that helps throughout years. Like how to prepare a testtube.

Now to my advice. It depends on how you caught her and what you want to do with her. If you want to keep her, you should provide the queen with water and humidity. The best way here is a testtube setup. 30-50% water then a *** SPAM *** wall that is not too thick to seperate the water and the queen followed by a *** SPAM *** to "close" the testtube.

It's not too difficult and you can even just buy some tubing and close off one end completely (I used hot glue once) and then do the same as a testtube setup.

Second thing would be to identify the queen. This way you will know if you have to feed her or not during the founding stage. Most queens don't need that but it's good to know for sure.

For the question of storing her, just place her in a dark and undisturbed spot and leave her for a week. You have check up every 3-4th day or twice a week to see if she laid any eggs. If she does you are on a good path to your colony. If she doesn't you might need to give her more time and sometimes a new testtube setup. Sometimes the queen just doesn't like the current one very much.

Let me know how it goes and keep us updated.
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.

bettyvill

Re: Caught a Queen! Now what? *Splitted*

Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:19 am

It is best to relate it to other ants. I don't know much about it, but the situation is pretty unpredictable.
If you like money try to play here at the website that i presented in my profile.