HELP !!! Ants Poop White Fluid

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

KAMINOAN

HELP !!! Ants Poop White Fluid

Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:22 am

Help guys ! many of my Messor Babarus and Structor Queens caught this month are "pooping" some white liquid.
I'm afraid I stress them because I Keep them on 6cm tubes with wet cotton at one end that i need to wet every 3 or 4 days and some how they "abort" pooping the male **** out. Is this possible? Or is just normal some time they poop white liquids????

Batspiderfish

Re: HELP !!! Ants Poop White Fluid

Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:59 am

She could be sick, or just excrementing solid particles, which adult ants can't digest.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

KAMINOAN

Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:28 pm

Batspiderfish wrote:She could be sick, or just excrementing solid particles, which adult ants can't digest.
So the case I said about they get stress and poop away the **** doesnt happen? Some of them have been cotton pulling maybe some fibber or something. Hope is not a sickness :(

If any die I say something.

Thx

ALLJOD

Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:47 am

I'ts normal for Messor species to do that, It are left overs they can't digest, since they chew open seeds, they always have 1 room where they "poop" be sure to clean it out some times or cycle nests.. It's a growing ground for bacteria.
Lasius -niger -flavus -emarginatus, Messor sp., Myrmica sp, Camponotus herculeanus -aethiops, Pheidole spathifera -pallidula, Brachymyrmex sp., Pheidologeton diversus,