ANT'S WON'T EAT

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

cosmo1190

ANT'S WON'T EAT

Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:09 am

Hii Happy Weekend!!! :D

So,i'ts been awhile since i moved my ant (iridomyrmex anceps) to outworld,for like a week.

and i notice my ant's won't eat at all,but i guess they still drink cause they still survive a week.but thing is i never seen them eat,and any insect that i give to them they won't eat it...and just move it to outworld...How do i know they don't eat? well insect are pretty much the same since i drop them in...no dismembered body,just...same.

and them ant's just keep moving sand to the tube or maybe just wander around....and that is the only thing they did

and i search for the same problem in this forum,and i found plenty....but the answer is just.....not right,they said to give them "good food" like live or died insect or honey and seeds and that is all....i gave them honey and insect before i moved them to outworld and they love it....but after i moved them...they won't eat anything and just wander and moving sand..so,please help...

side note:my outworld have very strong glass glue fume but they surviving until now,can be the problem though...but idk...please...anyone help answer's will be appreciated...thank you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:

Currently Keeping

-1 Camponotus SP
-1 Meranoplus SP
-1 Tapinoma Melanocephalum
-2 Pheidole Megacephala

cosmo1190

Re: ANT'S WON'T EAT

Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:18 am

cosmo1190 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:09 am
Hii Happy Weekend!!! :D

So,i'ts been awhile since i moved my ant (iridomyrmex anceps) to outworld,for like a week.

and i notice my ant's won't eat at all,but i guess they still drink cause they still survive a week.but thing is i never seen them eat,and any insect that i give to them they won't eat it...and just move it to outworld...How do i know they don't eat? well insect are pretty much the same since i drop them in...no dismembered body,just...same.

and them ant's just keep moving sand to the tube or maybe just wander around....and that is the only thing they did

and i search for the same problem in this forum,and i found plenty....but the answer is just.....not right,they said to give them "good food" like live or died insect or honey and seeds and that is all....i gave them honey and insect before i moved them to outworld and they love it....but after i moved them...they won't eat anything and just wander and moving sand..so,please help...

side note:my outworld have very strong glass glue fume but they surviving until now,can be the problem though...but idk...please...anyone help answer's will be appreciated...thank you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Case Closed, it seem's my ant got fume poisoning,i seen 3 of em died and...

*sigh*,i lose one worker and one larva when i moved them... :( :(

Currently Keeping

-1 Camponotus SP
-1 Meranoplus SP
-1 Tapinoma Melanocephalum
-2 Pheidole Megacephala

AntsLuxembourg

Re: ANT'S WON'T EAT

Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:11 am

Keep an eye on them. Maybe some of them make it.
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.