health of my ant colony :?: :?: :?: :?:

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

jrjunior

health of my ant colony :?: :?: :?: :?:

Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:09 pm

i started a new colony just a couple of moths ago, nanitics have arrived(about 7-9), i am feeding the colony small crushed insect and honeyonce every 2-3 days, i have never seen them eating or drinking. how do i know if they are getting the nutrients they need.
the queen has laid the second batch of eggs alredy, does this mean they are getting the nutrients

SYUTEO

Re: health of my ant colony :?: :?: :?: :?:

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:30 pm

I the food you placed is gone, then they are definitely getting the nutrients.

AntsLuxembourg

Re: health of my ant colony :?: :?: :?: :?:

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:31 am

jrjunior wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:09 pm
i started a new colony just a couple of moths ago, nanitics have arrived(about 7-9), i am feeding the colony small crushed insect and honeyonce every 2-3 days, i have never seen them eating or drinking. how do i know if they are getting the nutrients they need.
the queen has laid the second batch of eggs alredy, does this mean they are getting the nutrients
Sometimes it looks like nothing was eaten, however I am pretty sure that they may have eaten a little bit. If they were starving they would try and pull on the cotton to get out and find some food.
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.