Stubborn ants not moving in new test tube

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

Antloverhuman

Stubborn ants not moving in new test tube

Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:48 am

It is almost three weeks nowww!! Im so frustrated. Their old test tube is soo moldy and the water no longer comes out of the reservoir which is making the test tube less humid. Because of this, ants have put their brood on top of the spout of water cotton. As the humidity would rise up there. The new test tube has humidity because i see droplets of water on the out side. I have tried using light but they dont care at all( as if they are like-"whats that? God is using super light to move us out of our home? We will close our eyes haha now he cant do anything") what should i do. I dont think the heating mat would work as its already super hot here in india. Di i just wait more so the new workees arrive and would feel crouded in there home and want to move?? And also the low humidity would make ants search for a better place? Or should i tilt the setup vertically so the ants would fall in?
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Pls just let me have a tetramorium colony

SYUTEO

Re: Stubborn ants not moving in new test tube

Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:28 am

Usually if this is the case I would just have to dump them out but do so at your own risk (I did that to my Meranoplus bicolor (Since they have a hard exoskeleton they weren't injured).), if you do want to dump them out, be extra careful! I would only suggest dumping them out if there is no other choice left or the ants are getting killed by the mold but they still don't want to move.

Antloverhuman

Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:19 pm

Thanks. They are not getting injured in any way rn but the test tube is getting dirty. Maybe after a while when the humidity is gone they will try to look for new home and move in there
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Pls just let me have a tetramorium colony

Sediles800

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:22 am

give them the belt 8-)

(jk jk) :lol: