My God help my queen :(

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

AntLuvForever

My God help my queen :(

Sun May 30, 2021 9:11 pm

As i was moving my ants, the lighting i used was meant to help encourage my queen to the new test tube. However, my queen dug INTO the Colten blocking the water reservoir in the old test tube. Even thought he water was almost all gone, the water was still enough to flood the test tube. I will admit I panicked by then. I dumped the queen into the new tube. However, i was not able to save the majority of the eggs. She is down to seven eggs now. Pls pray that she makes a full recovery. ;-;
Ant Colonies I Own :

(Prenolepis imparis)--Subzero

(Tetramorium immigrans)--The Concrete Angles

(Formica neogagates)--The Unyielding Legion

AntsLuxembourg

Re: My God help my queen :(

Mon May 31, 2021 3:24 am

I'm sure she will make a speedy recovery. If there still are eggs left in the old testtube, you can retrieve them by using tweezers and a pit of cotton. Bring the cotton close and try to scoop the remaining eggs up without pressing against them. This should help you to retrieve them if any left. Had something similar happen and all I could do was wait for the work day to end as I could only see the testtube getting filled with water more and more in my livestream. xC
Luckily there were no casualties as far as I knew.
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.