ANTS KILLED ANT QUEEN /Or died

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

GardenAnts

ANTS KILLED ANT QUEEN /Or died

Fri May 07, 2021 12:02 pm

Hello,
Please help, i found out that my ants probably killed ant queen because i saw her without head and leg. Im asking because i have 2 same ant queens, and if it possible that i can conect workers from dead queen to new queen with 1 worker. This queen which died had 7 workers and 5 eggs, soo can i conect them??? Will they accept new queen??? Please quick answers, soo i can save them :(

AntsLuxembourg

Re: ANTS KILLED ANT QUEEN /Or died

Mon May 10, 2021 1:15 am

GardenAnts wrote:
Hello,
Please help, i found out that my ants probably killed ant queen because i saw her without head and leg. Im asking because i have 2 same ant queens, and if it possible that i can conect workers from dead queen to new queen with 1 worker. This queen which died had 7 workers and 5 eggs, soo can i conect them??? Will they accept new queen??? Please quick answers, soo i can save them :(
Hey,
It always depends first on the species and if they are polygyn (more than one queen allowed). I wouldn't recommend this until both colonies would have had an about equal amount of workers. Sometimes they start fighting and there by killing each other. I would keep them seperate. What species is it? That is if you know.
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.

GardenAnts

Re: ANTS KILLED ANT QUEEN /Or died

Mon May 10, 2021 5:53 am

AntsLuxembourg wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 1:15 am
GardenAnts wrote:
Hello,
Hey,
It always depends first on the species and if they are polygyn (more than one queen allowed). I wouldn't recommend this until both colonies would have had an about equal amount of workers. Sometimes they start fighting and there by killing each other. I would keep them seperate. What species is it? That is if you know.
Black garden ants probably.