Re: The Bottle Colony

Sun May 02, 2021 9:23 am

Hopefully :lol:

AntsLuxembourg

Mon May 03, 2021 3:31 am

Antmanboy wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:45 am
This is the final update of the bottle colony. I released them due to high stress for me and so they could care fore themselves. They wanted to escape for a reason I couldn't figure out so I released them 10 minutes ago. It's for my mental health and their health. I'm sorry if you enjoyed reading about them but I had to let them go. I have another Camponotous queen so I'm not entirely quiting the hobby but I am quiting the bottle colony. If you want to learn more or want to hear about the other queen let me know because I'll tell you.

-Antmanboy
What a shame. I would have imagined that they would wanted to forage some more but it is also good to see that we think as well about the well being of your colony. I am looking forward to read about your non bottle colony of camponotous. :)
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.

Antmanboy

Mon May 03, 2021 6:57 am

AntsLuxembourg wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 3:31 am
Antmanboy wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:45 am
This is the final update of the bottle colony. I released them due to high stress for me and so they could care fore themselves. They wanted to escape for a reason I couldn't figure out so I released them 10 minutes ago. It's for my mental health and their health. I'm sorry if you enjoyed reading about them but I had to let them go. I have another Camponotous queen so I'm not entirely quiting the hobby but I am quiting the bottle colony. If you want to learn more or want to hear about the other queen let me know because I'll tell you.

-Antmanboy
What a shame. I would have imagined that they would wanted to forage some more but it is also good to see that we think as well about the well being of your colony. I am looking forward to read about your non bottle colony of camponotous. :)
Yeah I was hoping to keep them but they wanted to forage and explore. I'm pretty disappointed but at least they can do what they want now. My other queen has an egg so fingers crossed!

Antmanboy

Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:49 pm

Update: Bottle colony rediscovered! There doing great and are in the hundreds now.

Antmanboy

Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:41 pm

Hi everyone! I haven't been on here for a while but I just wanted to say that the bottle colony are just fine! They have officially made it to the other sides of the yard. They are a native species to my area and enjoy living outside. Wherever there is wood is where I will see them. I'm happy to see that they have flourished in their environment and wanted to share that with everyone. They share the yard with other species such as the little black ants I see running around. Mabye one day I'll get another colony that won't escape :lol:. Anyways have a great day!

AntsLuxembourg

Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:28 am

Thx for the update. Glad they are still around. ;)
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.

Antmanboy

Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:46 am

AntsLuxembourg wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:28 am
Thx for the update. Glad they are still around. ;)
No problem! I'm glad that you are interested in how they are doing.