Lasius Niger vs Tetramorium Immigrans

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

AntChuck

Lasius Niger vs Tetramorium Immigrans

Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:56 pm

Seems the Tetramorium that claim the majority of the area around the side and back of my house have begun to encroach on the territory of a large Lasius Niger colony in my garden area... this Lasius Niger colony controls a fairly large portion of my back yard however the Tetramorium colony appears to be large itself likely bolstered by the fact that they enter my house and feast off the stuff my kids seem to drop on the floor. They have had fairly defined borders since we bought the house but last night I noticed a satellite nest deep in the Lasius Niger territory which had hundreds present for the Tetramorium... This morning they were in a heated battle with the Lasius Niger. Going to be interesting to see who is the victor in this battle.
Keeper of:
1 x Lasius Flavus
1 x Aphaenogaster Fulva
1 x Tetramorium Immigrans
1 x Prenolepsis Imparis

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: Lasius Niger vs Tetramorium Immigrans

Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:59 pm

AntChuck wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:56 pm
Seems the Tetramorium that claim the majority of the area around the side and back of my house have begun to encroach on the territory of a large Lasius Niger colony in my garden area... this Lasius Niger colony controls a fairly large portion of my back yard however the Tetramorium colony appears to be large itself likely bolstered by the fact that they enter my house and feast off the stuff my kids seem to drop on the floor. They have had fairly defined borders since we bought the house but last night I noticed a satellite nest deep in the Lasius Niger territory which had hundreds present for the Tetramorium... This morning they were in a heated battle with the Lasius Niger. Going to be interesting to see who is the victor in this battle.
My bet is pavement ants. Lasius has no sting, and usually feast on leftovers
When you accidentally reply to yourself…