Multi-Queen Lasius Flavis

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

AntChuck

Multi-Queen Lasius Flavis

Sat May 23, 2020 12:40 am

So my Lasius Flavus colony is thriving. The brood pile is growing rapidly with 3 queens present and around 30 brood boosted workers from last fall. Sadly however its very clear who the favorite queen is among the 3 as one has a gaster swollen much larger than the other 2... in fact their seems to be a pecking order as they all have differing sizes currently though I have noticed the other 2 have started to fatten up a bit more. Still I fear once their new batch of brood mature and become active that they will likely begin to reject the other 2 queens. I intend to continue brood boosting this colony as well since Lasius Flavus are easily captured by simply placing a brick basically anywhere in my yard lol
Keeper of:
1 x Lasius Flavus
1 x Aphaenogaster Fulva
1 x Tetramorium Immigrans
1 x Prenolepsis Imparis

NKantsalberta

Re: Multi-Queen Lasius Flavis

Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:14 pm

Keep us posted on updates! I am interested in the success of the 3 queens together.
GAN farmer for Edmonton and area, Alberta, Canada.

Facebook/Instagram : @NKantsalberta

Alberta Keeper's FB Group : Alberta Ant Keepers and Enthusiasts

AntChuck

Re: Multi-Queen Lasius Flavis

Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:26 pm

Everything is still going well... This colony is sbout a year old. Right now there are around 20-30 eclosed workers... 6 have emerged so far. The larva pile is around probably 40-60... quite large but the egg pile is bigger thsn both eclosed and larva... guessing 200-300. I've witnessed the eggs birthed numerous times as these beauties are egg laying machines.
Keeper of:
1 x Lasius Flavus
1 x Aphaenogaster Fulva
1 x Tetramorium Immigrans
1 x Prenolepsis Imparis