Have you used Zoomed Creatures Creature Soil

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

CANant

Have you used Zoomed Creatures Creature Soil

Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:00 am

I’m considering purchasing the Zoomed’s Creatures creature soil for a thin substrate or top dressing over grout for my outworld instead of sand. It claims “ Creatures™ Creature Soil is a safe, proprietary blend of natural materials, including Peat Moss, Soil, Sand, and Carbon.”
Just makes me nervous since I don’t know what type of sand it is. Their sand they sell as part of the creatures line says it’s calcium carbonate. If that’s the sand they use would it be bad for the ants? I have read mixed things. Otherwise it looks like a great mix (including Carbon). In addition to me spot cleaning, I think I may be able to add spring tails to the outworld if I use this mix to help with the outworld ant garbage and waste.

Any thoughts, tips or info would be greatly appreciated.

https://zoomed.com/creatures-creature-soil/

Ps I noticed they incorrectly spelled Peat moss on the write up but on the bag it is correct. They wrote “peta moss” hehe oops :lol:
Keeper of:
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus

Temnothorax ambiguus/curvispinosus (Acorn ant)

Lasius Interjectus (Larger citronella ant) with host workers: L. Americanus

🐜❤️

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: Have you used Zoomed Creatures Creature Soil

Mon May 02, 2022 7:10 am

CANant wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:00 am
I’m considering purchasing the Zoomed’s Creatures creature soil for a thin substrate or top dressing over grout for my outworld instead of sand. It claims “ Creatures™ Creature Soil is a safe, proprietary blend of natural materials, including Peat Moss, Soil, Sand, and Carbon.”
Just makes me nervous since I don’t know what type of sand it is. Their sand they sell as part of the creatures line says it’s calcium carbonate. If that’s the sand they use would it be bad for the ants? I have read mixed things. Otherwise it looks like a great mix (including Carbon). In addition to me spot cleaning, I think I may be able to add spring tails to the outworld if I use this mix to help with the outworld ant garbage and waste.

Any thoughts, tips or info would be greatly appreciated.

https://zoomed.com/creatures-creature-soil/

Ps I noticed they incorrectly spelled Peat moss on the write up but on the bag it is correct. They wrote “peta moss” hehe oops :lol:
If it’s for reptiles like most of zoomeds Products it should be fine
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

CANant

Re: Have you used Zoomed Creatures Creature Soil

Tue May 03, 2022 10:54 pm

I did end up buying it and I’m happy with it. Seems safe since my C. Penn colony is thriving and have loaded a fairly good amount of it into the nest.
Keeper of:
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus

Temnothorax ambiguus/curvispinosus (Acorn ant)

Lasius Interjectus (Larger citronella ant) with host workers: L. Americanus

🐜❤️