I released my L. Humile colony

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

AntChuck

I released my L. Humile colony

Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:24 pm

I sadly made the decision to release my L. Humile colony. I was not prepared to take care of a larger breed of ant in great numbers it appears. The decision was made because of the degree of difficulty cleaning up after them... Their nest was a test tube as well as a series of tubing, connectors and an AC portal. They had extremely large amounts of liquid waste that was out of control. They numbered around 200 and were brood boosted. Less than 10 eclosed pupae remained and the queen had stopped laying eggs likely because of the enviroment.
Keeper of:
1 x Lasius Flavus
1 x Aphaenogaster Fulva
1 x Tetramorium Immigrans
1 x Prenolepsis Imparis

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: I released my L. Humile colony

Wed May 04, 2022 7:35 am

AntChuck wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:24 pm
I sadly made the decision to release my L. Humile colony. I was not prepared to take care of a larger breed of ant in great numbers it appears. The decision was made because of the degree of difficulty cleaning up after them... Their nest was a test tube as well as a series of tubing, connectors and an AC portal. They had extremely large amounts of liquid waste that was out of control. They numbered around 200 and were brood boosted. Less than 10 eclosed pupae remained and the queen had stopped laying eggs likely because of the enviroment.
Well hopefully you find an ant species that is suitable for you. How about Lasius? They grow slowly and don’t need nest upgrades fast.
When you accidentally reply to yourself…