Re: Welcome to the Camponotus Crew!

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:50 am

sartwell90 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:41 am
ArizonanAnts wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:43 am
CabboAntsGuy wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:17 am
Hello, welcome to the crew flinx45. Glad to have you here. Nice to see a fellow Wisconsin guy here. I've always wanted a C. noveboracensis queen. They are really pretty. As far as diapause, I don't know too much about that, sorry. I do know that you should hibernate your ants anywhere from 2-10 degrees celsius. Can't wait to here more form you.

Yeah, kinda wondered if some of you might not have expected that. :lol:
I'm also 14 almost 15. It's cool to hear that someone is around my age! :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :o :o :o :o :o :lol: :lol:
I feel like y'all are gonna put me in an old folks home... :P
I’m probably older then all of you haha 🤫 I won’t say unless you guess.
Keeper of:
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus

Temnothorax ambiguus/curvispinosus (Acorn ant)

Lasius Interjectus (Larger citronella ant) with host workers: L. Americanus

🐜❤️

CANant

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:52 am

flinx45 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:26 pm
Oh in october i plan on buying the AC ant keeping ebook, but in all the stuff i read i didnt see much about diapause so it came as sort of a surprise.
Very cool! Let me know how it is. I’ve been considering it. Welcome to the crew!!
Keeper of:

🐜❤️

CANant

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:54 am

Gavinthesheep1234567 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:26 pm
I will probably be joining soon. I would like some help IDing a Camponotus queen so might post some pics soon.
Welcome to the crew! We would be happy to help!
Keeper of:

🐜❤️

sartwell90

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:55 am

CANant wrote:
Just think of us in terms of a worker ant, we must seem like Goliath ancients. Even their own queen would seem like a practically-ageless goddess, watching over and giving life to their civilization for generations.

I think there could be an interesting anthropomorhpological fictional book to be written there. Each entry following a generation of the same colony belonging to an ant keeper.
Check out my colonies! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDze5idJomnpRCpvd3QoAFA
Or, if you would rather read about them check here - https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?p=60680#p60680

CANant

Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:12 pm

jasonmvt wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:08 pm
Hello everyone. I'm (we're) new here and new to ant keeping. My son Thomas (13) has been watching AntsCanada videos for over a year, we finally have a successful capture, shes laid eggs. caught end of August near Vancouver BC Canada. about 8-9mm long queen.

Just wanted to chime in so we can ask questions as we go. so far so good I think. the tube has water. she seems healthy still. and its been about a week and a half since the eggs. we have a formicarium setup.
Just wondering what steps to take if they hatch successfully. leave them in tube for how long? what to feed them. and when to release into formicarium.

thanks!!!
Welcome to the crew Jason and Thomas! Hard to tell what species of ant you have. What is she? Looking forward to hearing about your progress.
Keeper of:

🐜❤️

CANant

Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:14 pm

sartwell90 wrote:
CANant wrote:
Just think of us in terms of a worker ant, we must seem like Goliath ancients. Even their own queen would seem like a practically-ageless goddess, watching over and giving life to their civilization for generations.

I think there could be an interesting anthropomorhpological fictional book to be written there. Each entry following a generation of the same colony belonging to an ant keeper.
🤣 too funny! Could be an excellent colony name as well ;) “Goliath Ancients”
Keeper of:

🐜❤️

CANant

Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:15 pm

LasiusSapien wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:11 am
hi guys, shout out to all the new comers, hope everyone is well, have some new comers myself i'd like you to all say hello to my manica rubida colony

Congratulations on the new colony! Looks like they are doing well!
Keeper of:

🐜❤️

CabboAntsGuy

Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:19 pm

sartwell90 wrote:
CANant wrote:

I've thought of writing a book from an ants perspective before. And, no, we are not going to put you in an old folks home. I don't want to be thought of as a young guy around here. That's why I never shared my age before. I still want to be thought of as a helpful part of the group, not a young kid here asking questions and being annoying. Nothing has changed Now that I've told you how old I am. I'm still CabboAntsGuy. :D
Keep:
3 camponotus pennsylvanicus
2 formica subsericea
The Camponotus Crew! https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15267
Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

jojofire12

Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:21 pm

My ants continue to grow I think we have 8-9 now it's hard to tell. Anyway, they haven't left the test tube and are now extremely huddled near the cotton ball, the water is starting to run low and I don't know what to do. They also won't eat any of the things I gave them besides the honey (A freshly boiled wasp, peanut, raisin, peanut butter, cotton ball with sugar water, and now cat food (dry)). I've had them for a couple of months I think at this point and they show no sign of wanting to leave the tube, can't tell if the queen is stressed or if she thinks her colony is too small.
Proud owner of: Camponotus floridanus

CANant

Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:23 pm

Oh boy that was a lot! Hopefully I didn’t miss anything. If I did I’m sorry and a warm welcome to anyone I missed.

Quick update on my colony. My 10th nanitic enclosed yesterday! So glad I didn’t cook them all. (You’ll have to read my journal). I have another ready to enclose. Mmm guessing in the next 2-3 days. It’s the largest pupae yet! Excited to see how big she will be. I’ll post more on my journal in the next few days. I’ve been extremely busy so it’s been hard to keep up lately. Sorry everyone!
Keeper of:

🐜❤️