Welcome to the Camponotus Crew!

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

Hawkeye

Re: Carpenter keepers unite in our fight!

Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:39 pm

JustABitAntsy wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:21 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:48 am
Ask not what the Camponotus Crew can do for you...The time has come to gather our forces and face a common threat. Send forth your strongest (super) majors to aid in our quest for our rightful dominance on this forum.

The puny an treacherous Florelius Clan has declared war on our glorious collaboration of Carpenter keepers. They shall face the might and strength of our Camponotus Crew as they suffer their losses on the AC battlefield. Those little critters don't stand a chance against the massive mandibles of our colossal warriors. Together we will rise and obliterate these miniature excuses for ants!

All hail the Camponotus Crew!

:D
this is just a joke right?
Yeah just messing around

Kherafox

Re: Welcome to the Camponotus Crew!

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:04 pm

Kherafox wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:22 pm

And how long should I leave a frozen thawed tiny moth in with one worker and queen? First protein attempt.
Eh, nevermind on that. After a little while of pondering it, the one tiny worker ant is wrestling this small moth (cut in half but not all the way) around the tube, under the foil, biting it hard enough to lift most of her body into the air... ha, I hope she gets some actual food out of it. XD
Ant-keeping newbie! Currently keeping one Crematogaster Laeviscula Queen (Helena, with seven workers, and lots of increasing brood amounts!). :D

JustABitAntsy

Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:27 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Ask not what the Camponotus Crew can do for you...The time has come to gather our forces and face a common threat. Send forth your strongest (super) majors to aid in our quest for our rightful dominance on this forum.

The puny an treacherous Florelius Clan has declared war on our glorious collaboration of Carpenter keepers. They shall face the might and strength of our Camponotus Crew as they suffer their losses on the AC battlefield. Those little critters don't stand a chance against the massive mandibles of our colossal warriors. Together we will rise and obliterate these miniature excuses for ants!

saw my joke attack?
New antkeeper in Virginia currently doesn’t have a colony plan to start next Spring :lol:
Join the Forelius Clan https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=15975

Kherafox

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:37 pm

Kherafox wrote:
Kherafox wrote:

And how long should I leave a frozen thawed tiny moth in with one worker and queen? First protein attempt.
Eh, nevermind on that. After a little while of pondering it, the one tiny worker ant is wrestling this small moth (cut in half but not all the way) around the tube, under the foil, biting it hard enough to lift most of her body into the air... ha, I hope she gets some actual food out of it. XD
So, after a few minutes of little one-worker army dragging the moth around and trying to bite it, Royal Mama came over and grabbed the moth herself and dragged it to next to the brood and started chowing down! Woohoo!
Ant-keeping newbie! Currently keeping one Crematogaster Laeviscula Queen (Helena, with seven workers, and lots of increasing brood amounts!). :D

SYUTEO

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:18 am

December is coming and its almost winter, so good luck on everyone hibernating your ants., ❄️🐜 and i hope everyone of you will have luck on catching new queen ants in spring :)

JustABitAntsy

Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:12 am

SYUTEO wrote:
December is coming and its almost winter, so good luck on everyone hibernating your ants., ❄️🐜 and i hope everyone of you will have luck on catching new queen ants in spring :)
you too!
New antkeeper in Virginia currently doesn’t have a colony plan to start next Spring :lol:
Join the Forelius Clan https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=15975

LasiusSapien

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:14 am

Kherafox wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:37 pm
Kherafox wrote:
Kherafox wrote:

So, after a few minutes of little one-worker army dragging the moth around and trying to bite it, Royal Mama came over and grabbed the moth herself and dragged it to next to the brood and started chowing down! Woohoo!
hehe that's so cute, a bit like my campo queen she's only got 2 small workers but she comes out like a bull in a china shop ripping legs off and chucking them around :lol:
1x Lasius Niger - early forging stage - 60-100 workers
1x Messor Barbarus - founding stage - <20 workers
1x Camponotus Turkestanus - claustral stage - 1 nanitic + brood
1x Odontoponera Transversa - semi-claustral stage - no eggs

Hawkeye

Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:49 am

JustABitAntsy wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:27 pm
Hawkeye wrote:

saw my joke attack?
Hard to miss

ArizonanAnts

Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:00 pm

SYUTEO wrote:
Thank you. I hope your ants do well over the winter also!
Keeper of

Nothing right now :cry:

coolfrood16

Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:07 pm

I know this isn’t the place to post this but I haven’t gotten any luck anywhere else and I’m desperate. Here’s my situation:
Hi, I’m a new ant keeper and I have a question. I have had a aphaenogaster carolinensis queen in my closet with some brood. I left her without checking for about 2 ½ weeks because I thought this was the vest course of action. I have now checked and she has one new worker and it appears that there is another worker who is dead. I have an AntsCanada ant tower small and I was wondering if I should move them in now. I’m worried that they may need food the keep healthy. It is a fully claustral species and I have had trouble finding out when they should be released into a formicarium. To clarify, this formicarium has digging medium and the ants would have to dig into it before the queen moved or any of her brood. I am concerned about that because there is only one worker. Please help! I have put a little honey into the test tube setup but I’m also concerned that the worker or even the queen could get stuck in it.