No new eggs.

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

mrfroggy

No new eggs.

Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:34 pm

many of my queens laid eggs and brought them to adulthood. I then feed them a little almond chunk. The strange thing is non of them have laid new eggs. Then some of them just died without reason (they died in early fall, not hibernation).
Please help, Thank you!

Hunter36o

Re: No new eggs.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:06 am

Was the food fresh? The fact that all of them stopped laying eggs suggests the food could have been bad or out of date of possibly spayed with something if store bought?

I am really sorry this happened to you :(
Research is important before during and even after you have established a colony. There is always time to learn and to listen to others experiences. Live by this and your ants will thrive. Fail to do so and your experience may be brief.

Hunter36o

Re: No new eggs.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:09 am

Wait, did you provide food for the queen and workers? A sugary source like honey? Proteins are mainly for larvae and to help the queen produce more eggs but they need sugary food to keep their energy levels up..
Research is important before during and even after you have established a colony. There is always time to learn and to listen to others experiences. Live by this and your ants will thrive. Fail to do so and your experience may be brief.