temnothorax curvispinosus (PLEASE HELP)

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

DinoBoi4AntsLove

temnothorax curvispinosus (PLEASE HELP)

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:46 pm

Ok so I have a temnothorax curvispinosus colony in a test tube with 20-50 workers and three queens and I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DOOOOO. how do I make the outworld (on a budget) since I am broke. Please help

idahoantgirl

Re: temnothorax curvispinosus (PLEASE HELP)

Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:10 pm

Take a tupper ware container with rounded edges and apply dry baby powder. Use the drinking straw method to act as a tunnel, and then set the test tube in the outworld.
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

Hunter36o

Re: temnothorax curvispinosus (PLEASE HELP)

Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:23 am

Exactly what Idaho just said. I have a make shift clostrual area for one queen as I lost a test tube. She took to it well and did not hesitate to dig. It's a simple set up with small holes drilled into the top and bigger holes on either side with rubber tubing inserted and they are blocked off with cotton for now. I recommend doing exactly that before you house Ur ants as it lets you expand in the future with out having to try pull off a full relocation.

I also have a smaller in height but wider and deeper clear plastic lunch box style tub that I use to house my superworms also with holes drilled into the top. I will try to remember to take a pic of it when I am home when I am picking out the biggest worms to allow them to change to adult beetles. Oh yeah bread Ur superworms (mario beetels) so an unlimited food sourse. Worms and beetles can be kept in make shift homes so go all out.

All you really need to make sure u have is a drill with multiple sized drill bits for different holes like tube connections and air holes. For me this is one of the best reason to keep any form on insects because you can build for them :)
Research is important before during and even after you have established a colony. There is always time to learn and to listen to others experiences. Live by this and your ants will thrive. Fail to do so and your experience may be brief.