Pupae in cotton?

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

Hunter36o

Pupae in cotton?

Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:17 am

Hey everyone. I have been looking after a few L. Niger queens and they are doing well. My only issue right now is one of the set ups with pupae looks like one of them is wrapped in the loose cotton that was pulled out a bit by the queen. Is this dangours? Will this impact the worker and stop them from being able to stretch out and cause them to disform when they are waiting on the exo to harden?
Research is important before during and even after you have established a colony. There is always time to learn and to listen to others experiences. Live by this and your ants will thrive. Fail to do so and your experience may be brief.

AntnoobSG

Re: Pupae in cotton?

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:33 am

Post some pics
Keeper of :
Camponotus albosparsus x2 :o
Camponotus Irritans ;)
Hoping for pheidole colony :D

Hunter36o

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:41 am

Okay will do straight after work.
Research is important before during and even after you have established a colony. There is always time to learn and to listen to others experiences. Live by this and your ants will thrive. Fail to do so and your experience may be brief.

Hunter36o

Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:41 am

Sorry for late reply but everything is okay. The queen moved them. I guess I just paniced.