How to post images

Frequently Asked Questions About Ants

Moderator: ooper01

antperson24

How to post images

Sun May 28, 2023 6:55 am

I know this topic has already been created, but the video Mad Vampy made is private so I can't watch it (I assume that goes for everyone else too). I just thought I would explain because it seems like a lot of people are having trouble with this.
So, you have two options:
  1. Putting it on Google Photos or Imgur, then pasting the link here
  2. Using BBCode to put the image directly into the post
If your going to do the first option, just upload your photo to Google Photos or Imgur, then paste the link here.
Note: If you are using Google Photos, make sure you make it a shared album.

Option two is a bit more complicated, but it looks better. Here are the steps to doing it:
  1. Upload your photo to Google Photos or Imgur
  2. Right click it and press "Copy image address" Note: If you're using Google Photos, you will have to left click the image before right clicking it.
  3. In your post write '[ img ] [ / img ]', then paste the image address between it (don't leave spaces, I just did it so that the code wouldn't go through).
I hope you all find this helpful and it answers some of your questions. If you are still confused about things, just ask me and I will do my best to help you. ;)
Why keep ants that aren't found in your yard?
There are so many fascinating ants right where you live!
I disagree with the keeping/buying of ants that aren't in your area.

Join Ants, Plants, and Myrmecology: https://discord.gg/BeQuNf8yTN

AntsLuxembourg

Re: How to post images

Tue May 30, 2023 2:16 am

I've moved the topic to the FAQ section. There should be a shadow topic where it was originally located. I guess that means it's linking to this topic.
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.

antperson24

Wed May 31, 2023 2:02 pm

AntsLuxembourg wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 2:16 am
I've moved the topic to the FAQ section. There should be a shadow topic where it was originally located. I guess that means it's linking to this topic.
Alright, but may I ask why you moved it to Ant FAQ, instead of The Main AntsCanada Forums?
Also, is there a way I can edit my post after the little button has gone away? Because I used 'to' instead of 'two' and now it is bugging me.

AntsLuxembourg

Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:33 am

antperson24 wrote:

Alright, but may I ask why you moved it to Ant FAQ, instead of The Main AntsCanada Forums?
Also, is there a way I can edit my post after the little button has gone away? Because I used 'to' instead of 'two' and now it is bugging me.
I thought since people would go to the FAQ section to answer their "Frequently Asked Questions" it would make sense to put it there. Also fixed it for you. Not sure how to unlock editing for you after it's disabled.
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.

antperson24

Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:41 am

AntsLuxembourg wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:33 am
antperson24 wrote:

I thought since people would go to the FAQ section to answer their "Frequently Asked Questions" it would make sense to put it there. Also fixed it for you. Not sure how to unlock editing for you after it's disabled.
Oh, that makes sense. Thanks for fixing the post. :)

antperson24

Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:31 am

UPDATED VERSION:
I know this topic has already been created, but the video Mad Vampy made is private so I can't watch it (I assume that goes for everyone else too). I just thought I would explain because it seems like a lot of people are having trouble with this.
  1. Putting it on Google Photos or Imgur, then pasting the link here
If your going to do the first option, just upload your photo to Google Photos or Imgur, then paste the link here.
Note: If you are using Google Photos, make sure you make it a shared album.

Option two is a bit more complicated, but it looks better. Here are the steps to doing it:
  1. Upload your photo to Imgur
  2. Right click it and press "Copy image address"
  3. In your post write '[ img ] [ / img ]', then paste the image address between it (don't leave spaces, I just did it so that the code wouldn't go through).
I hope you all find this helpful and it answers some of your questions. If you are still confused about things, just ask me and I will do my best to help you. ;)

antperson24

Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:36 am

UPDTED VERSION (2):
  1. Putting the image on Google Photos or Imgur, then pasting the link here
Note: If you are using Google Photos make sure you copy the sharable link, not the one in the search bar.

1. Upload your photo to Google Photos or Imgur
  2. Open the image then right click it and press "Copy image address" Note: If you're using Google Photos make sure you make a shared album for image address to be correct.

antperson24

Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:47 am

UPDTED VERSION (3):
  1. Putting the image on Google Photos or Imgur, then pasting the link here
Note: If you are using Google Photos make sure you copy the sharable link, not the one in the search bar.

1. Upload your photo to Imgur
  2. Right click it and press "Copy image address"