Ant FAQ(And test)

Frequently Asked Questions About Ants

Moderator: ooper01

SolenopsisKeeper

Ant FAQ(And test)

Tue May 03, 2022 8:53 am

This is an unorganized list of FAQ for ants.

Q: How do I hibernate my ants?

A: Wait for them to prepare getting cocoons or first instar larvae, then put them outside in the test tube or in a winter cooler at 55ish F

Q: Why won’t my Camponotus move using light?

A: In experience, Camponotus will not move with light. Rather, heat the new setup using a heating pad on low, and they will usually begin to move.

Q: Why won’t my ants eat?

A: Make sure you are providing a sugar source(Nectar or fruit) and a protein source(Crickets or fruit flies). Also, check to make sure your ants aren’t a specialized species who will only eat certain types of prey.

Q: My queen has eggs and the Cotten is molding, what should I do?

A: Attach a new test tube and keep them both in the dark. If she doesn’t move in two weeks, secure the other test tube on, and dump her and her eggs into a new test tube.

Q: Why won’t my ants forage?

A: They may be nocturnal or diurnal, meaning they forage at night, morning, and sunset. Check if you have a hibernating ant species

Q: My Camponotus ant queen stopped laying eggs!(Worker edition)

A: She may be taking a break for a bit, or preparing for hibernation. Try feeding them more, and try to only check on the queen once a day. She may be stressed.

If possible, please reply as this is a test for changes to the forum. If not, please pm Antsluxembourg
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

SavANT

Re: Ant FAQ(And test)

Tue May 03, 2022 1:36 pm

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 8:53 am
This is an unorganized list of FAQ for ants.

Q: How do I hibernate my ants?

A: Wait for them to prepare getting cocoons or first instar larvae, then put them outside in the test tube or in a winter cooler at 55ish F

Q: Why won’t my Camponotus move using light?

A: In experience, Camponotus will not move with light. Rather, heat the new setup using a heating pad on low, and they will usually begin to move.

Q: Why won’t my ants eat?

A: Make sure you are providing a sugar source(Nectar or fruit) and a protein source(Crickets or fruit flies). Also, check to make sure your ants aren’t a specialized species who will only eat certain types of prey.

Q: My queen has eggs and the Cotten is molding, what should I do?

A: Attach a new test tube and keep them both in the dark. If she doesn’t move in two weeks, secure the other test tube on, and dump her and her eggs into a new test tube.

Q: Why won’t my ants forage?

A: They may be nocturnal or diurnal, meaning they forage at night, morning, and sunset. Check if you have a hibernating ant species

Q: My Camponotus ant queen stopped laying eggs!(Worker edition)

A: She may be taking a break for a bit, or preparing for hibernation. Try feeding them more, and try to only check on the queen once a day. She may be stressed.

If possible, please reply as this is a test for changes to the forum. If not, please pm Antsluxembourg
Thanks a million :D . Would surely recommend it to all the newbies
Keeper of;
Camponotus pennsylvanicus (4)
Camponotus consobrinus(1)