Not a keeper but I have a newbie question.

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

stefandeak

Not a keeper but I have a newbie question.

Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:42 pm

So long story short, it seems I have a colony of ants in my AC. ( I couldn't tell you the species, just that they're very tiny ) I know all about how to move a colony from one formicarium to another by watching the AC channel for a couple of years now ( this is how im here ). My question is - is there a way to get them to move out of where they are now into a formicarium? I cannot expose the colony without removing the ac soo I was thinking of putting food into a makeshift formicarium ( covered jar with some soil in it or something like this ) and maybe coax them in? Would that work?

TherealIABAST

Re: Not a keeper but I have a newbie question.

Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:58 pm

Hmm, First you’d have to ID them to see what habits they like and then build a decent sized formicarium that is an ideal environment for them. I’m not sure this would even work, I personally wouldn’t bother.

QJH2023

Re: Not a keeper but I have a newbie question.

Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:00 pm

TherealIABAST wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:58 pm
Hmm, First you’d have to ID them to see what habits they like and then build a decent sized formicarium that is an ideal environment for them. I’m not sure this would even work, I personally wouldn’t bother.
unless there tapinoma sessle!!! they love to move into random objects if the humidity right
keeper of: 41xCamponotus novaeboracensis, Crematogaster spp. and unidentified species and tapinoma sessile