New and need help

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

AntsDakota

Re: New and need help

Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:01 am

StormFalcon wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:40 pm
Been watching last 4 days about Ant farms and all that stuff.

What I need to know about is, will the products work for an Ant Species I'm looking at wanting to get, that is very "aggressive".

I'm looking into the "Siafu Ants".

Anyone that is a "Professional" on the "Siafu Ants" & what products would be good for this, please help me out.

I have never been good on sites like this for posting in the right areas. Sorry ahead of time, if posting this is in wrong section.

Thank you to all who can be of help.
If you are a beginner, I would not recommend driver ants to you at all.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

AntsDakota

Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:02 am

Especially if you are allergic to their toxic stings.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

TheRealAntMan

Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:13 am

Driver ants will not stay a single minute in a captive space. Before you know it they're running along everywhere in your living space. They are just one of those ant species that are better to be viewed in the wild than in captivity.
An ants' strength can be rivaled by few animals compared to relative body size.

slink1212

Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:41 am

TheRealAntMan wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:13 am
Driver ants will not stay a single minute in a captive space. Before you know it they're running along everywhere in your living space. They are just one of those ant species that are better to be viewed in the wild than in captivity.
+1
My brothers has a small farm... To be honest, it is a disaster...

Hunter36o

Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:47 am

I do not know lots about these ants as they are not in my area so I have not done much research.

Do not say never! Spend a few years with some easy yet semi difficult species. Myrmica are considered semi difficult cos they sting.

With hard to keep ants, from what I've gathered from other people's experiences. Is big glass tanks with a their natural environment implemented into this big tank. The more it feels like the wild, people have noted the less likely these harder to keep ants try to escape on a regular basis. Now I'm not saying they won't try what so ever just it's less likely and I'm only going off what if heard off of other keepers.

Also, Safari ants are very aggressive and like to hunt apparently so if you do go with these girls in a few years make sure they have decent hunting grounds.

Now never just do head first into this with no experience but when you feel you have enough give it a go. I'm sure loads of people want to keep these ants and we do actually need people to try it so we all can establish the correct ways to house these girls and keep them happy.

Sorry I cannot provide more accuracy information.
Research is important before during and even after you have established a colony. There is always time to learn and to listen to others experiences. Live by this and your ants will thrive. Fail to do so and your experience may be brief.