When to move ants

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

ANewAntKeeper

When to move ants

Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:52 pm

So I have got a Lasius Neoiger queen and around 15-20 brood inside some tupperware and was wondering if i could let them out of the test tube into the tupperware. I was also wondering if i could instead of putting food into the tupperware (because last time i did that it didn't go so well :( ) could I also just cut a tube-sized hole and put a tube with at test tube at the end of it into the colony and simply put food in through there? Also how long should I wait before moving them into the lasius neoniger omni nest? Also can I put a bit of soil at the bottom of the tupperware so that the ants feel for "natural" per say or just to make their own little burrow? Or would that just not work out when trying to move them from the tupperware into the omni nest? Thanks.

ANewAntKeeper

Re: When to move ants

Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:53 pm

whoops so sorry forgot the question mark :oops:

AntsDakota

Re: When to move ants

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:47 am

ANewAntKeeper wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:52 pm
So I have got a Lasius Neoiger queen and around 15-20 brood inside some tupperware and was wondering if i could let them out of the test tube into the tupperware. I was also wondering if i could instead of putting food into the tupperware (because last time i did that it didn't go so well :( ) could I also just cut a tube-sized hole and put a tube with at test tube at the end of it into the colony and simply put food in through there? Also how long should I wait before moving them into the lasius neoniger omni nest? Also can I put a bit of soil at the bottom of the tupperware so that the ants feel for "natural" per say or just to make their own little burrow? Or would that just not work out when trying to move them from the tupperware into the omni nest? Thanks.
You can move them in a formicarium when she has 20 workers minimum. Yet you should probably wait until the test tugs looks really crowded.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25