Differences between the hyrid nests

Discussion and information relating to the AntsCanada Hybrid Nest Series.

Moderator: ooper01

amyneub

Differences between the hyrid nests

Mon May 02, 2022 9:20 am

Regarding the hybrid series, how important is it to match your species to the one designed for it? I see how the size of the chambers differs, bur are there significant differences in the humidity created within each type? Other differences I'm not thinking of? I'm getting ready to house a Lasius Brevicornis colony and have 3 AntsCanada nests - formica, campo, and solenopsis. Is it ok if I just choose the closest one? (what would that be?) Or is it important that I buy the Lasius one? /thanks!

AM1C39

Re: Differences between the hyrid nests

Mon May 02, 2022 10:01 am

It does not really mater, witchever one you get will be suitable for your colony. You could get the lasius nest as it does look to have good chamber and tunnel sizes for lasius.
My current colonies:
-Miniature Military(formica neogagates)
-Black Hearts(crematogaster cerasi)
In search of new camponotus colony
[Have a look at antmaps.org]

SolenopsisKeeper

Mon May 02, 2022 1:26 pm

amyneub wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:20 am
Regarding the hybrid series, how important is it to match your species to the one designed for it? I see how the size of the chambers differs, bur are there significant differences in the humidity created within each type? Other differences I'm not thinking of? I'm getting ready to house a Lasius Brevicornis colony and have 3 AntsCanada nests - formica, campo, and solenopsis. Is it ok if I just choose the closest one? (what would that be?) Or is it important that I buy the Lasius one? /thanks!
It says on website what ants is best for. I do believe Formica is good for Lasius
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

Antloverhuman

Tue May 03, 2022 12:32 am

Most of the nest are same. Try getting the ones with bigger chambers. Lasius and formica are one of the greatest
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Pls just let me have a tetramorium colony

SolenopsisKeeper

Tue May 03, 2022 8:10 am

Antloverhuman wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:32 am
Most of the nest are same. Try getting the ones with bigger chambers. Lasius and formica are one of the greatest
I think most are compatible with all species except for Camponotus nests and related nests. Formica and Lasius nests do look pretty cool though and are the best…
When you accidentally reply to yourself…