UPDATE: New Hybrid Nests - Back in Stock for Limited Time - Monday, August 10th, 2015

Discussion and information relating to the AntsCanada Hybrid Nest Series.

Moderator: ooper01

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

UPDATE: New Hybrid Nests - Back in Stock for Limited Time - Monday, August 10th, 2015

Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:38 am

Hello Ant Lovers,

Great news for those of you fans of the Hybrid Nests, our Hybrid Nests will be back in stock starting this Monday, August 10th for a limited time until we are unable to efficiently fulfill the volume of orders. When the order volume reaches a point where we are unable to ship out the orders in timely fashion, the Hybrid Nests will again return to "Out of Stock" status temporarily, until we ship out all of the pending orders. We will continue to meter the availability of the Hybrid Nests in this way, making them available for certain periods at a time. We will make sure to announce ahead of time when they become both in and out of stock here at ACAF. So what we recommend is, if you were wanting to purchase a Hybrid Nest, do purchase it on Monday or ASAP while they are available.

We are truly overwhelmed by the support and popularity of the Hybrid Nests, and for that we thank you. We have ordered more machines to keep up with the orders.

Also, more great news is our new updated version of the Hybrid Nest is meshless. The bottom now has tiny holes instead of mesh for the hydration surface. This is a neat improvement.

Also worth noting, for now Hybrid Nest size SMALL will only be available as we are working out some manufacturing issues for the Hybrid Nest Larges.
Ant Love Forever.

DVeljacic

Re: UPDATE: New Hybrid Nests - Back in Stock for Limited Time - Monday, August 10th, 2015

Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:47 pm

I'm super excited, I received mine yesterday. I'm very happy with it too! The glass is thicker than I anticipated, which is awesome, and there isn't any stainless steel mesh. And! It's wee! What a great product, I can barely stand myself, I'm so stoked for the time my colony is ready to move.

AbsS13

Re: UPDATE: New Hybrid Nests - Back in Stock for Limited Time - Monday, August 10th, 2015

Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:16 pm

So i wanted to order 3 Hybrid Nests small but i noticed that when ordering there is a shipment cost of 25 dollars but its counted 3 times! So instead of 1 time only shipment cost of 25 dollars its 75 dollars shipment + you charging an extra shipment cost of 100 dollars (to ship where i'm from) extra? What's the deal about that? Can someone of the Admins please explain cuz i'm confused....

FatMug

Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:07 pm

This is great news, hoping i can snag a small Camponotus hybrid nest before they sell out!

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:40 pm

AbsS13 wrote:So i wanted to order 3 Hybrid Nests small but i noticed that when ordering there is a shipment cost of 25 dollars but its counted 3 times! So instead of 1 time only shipment cost of 25 dollars its 75 dollars shipment + you charging an extra shipment cost of 100 dollars (to ship where i'm from) extra? What's the deal about that? Can someone of the Admins please explain cuz i'm confused....
Hello, we have determined that for shipping and handling Priority Mail 2-3 day delivery to US and Canada, it costs us approx $25 CAD per formicarium unit. The formicariums are very well packed, as they should be, to minimize damage. We use to ship with a longer and cheaper method, i.e. ground transportation, but we would get a lot of damage upon arrival reports. It seems postal staff like to play volleyball with packages even if they are clearly marked "Fragile". It was a hard lesson for us to learn and an expensive one, so now we only ship Airmail Priority which means the less hands it passes through the less chances it has to arrive damaged.

It is multuplied by the number of formicariums you buy. We can of course offer a shipping and handlinh discount if you purchase in bulk.

Hope this answers your question.
Ant Love Forever.

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:47 pm

FatMug wrote:This is great news, hoping i can snag a small Camponotus hybrid nest before they sell out!
Yes, they're available now. Hope you can pick one up.
Ant Love Forever.

FatMug

Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:46 am

AntsCanada wrote:Yes, they're available now. Hope you can pick one up.
Just paid for it. Thanks a ton!!

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:13 am

The orders for Hybrid Nests are pouring in again so, for those of you hoping to grab one, please order one soon before they become temporarily out of stock again.

Thanks everyone for the support!
Ant Love Forever.

Intoxicated

Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:58 am

Hey,
First I have to say that I love what you guys are doing, keep up the good work.

I do wonder when we get to buy hybridnests again? Not the exact date but is it one week, one month or a year until we get to buy them.
Were thinking about buying 5 for my ants, but the shippingcost is killing me.
To get 5 like i want, i have to pay 150$. But then you mean that you guys are shipping it in 5 packages?
It would be realy nice if you did added a bulk option like you did write before.
Keeper of:
Formica fusca
Lasius niger
Camponotus herculeanus
Lasius flavus
Messor barbarus
Myrmica rubra

Intoxicated

Wed May 11, 2016 6:38 am

Hello again,
I'm very happy with what you did with the shippingcosts. I did order 4 hybridnests and they are working out great for my ants :)

Now i wonder when the Hybridnest Large will come back, and if they will come back?
Those Hybridnests small holds alot of ants, but not enough for my colonies.

Keep up the good work!
Keeper of:
Formica fusca
Lasius niger
Camponotus herculeanus
Lasius flavus
Messor barbarus
Myrmica rubra