How would this setup work?

Discussion and information relating to the AntsCanada Hybrid Nest Series.

Moderator: ooper01

Johnathan

How would this setup work?

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:13 pm

My goal is to have a setup where I have a hybrid nest with a valve connection connecting to a constricted adapter connected to water tube, having the tubing that comes with the hybrid nest attaching to the outworld (cut in half of course so there are two exits to the outworld), one of which has a T connected attached to it attached to a valve connector connected to a sugar test tube. (I want their outworld to be natural looking so I don’t want random tubes of sugar water.) In addition to the outworld, the hybrid nest and what comes with it, the test tube pack, and the t connector, what else would I need? Would I need another type of tubing? If so which one? And which two valve connectors would I need?

ooper01
Head Moderator

Re: How would this setup work?

Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:50 pm

I am having a hard time envisioning what you are trying to describe :?:
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

Hawkeye

Re: How would this setup work?

Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:37 pm

Not sure I follow either, but let me see if I got this right?

It sounds like you want to use valve connectors to (temporarilly) deny the ants access to either the water, sugar water or the outworld, in case you need to refill/clean/do maintenance right? In my opinion, that's actually not a bad idea, even though a low tech (and cheaper) solution like a cotton plug would work just as well.

Now if I understand correctly, you want to hook up one of the exits of your hybrid nest with a T-connector. One side of the T leading to the outworld, the other leading to the water.

The second exit will be hooked up similarly but instead of leading to water, it will lead to sugar water? Is that right?

If so, why not use a cross connector (with 4 openings) that way you can use 1 exit of the nest to lead to water, sugar water and the outworld. Without having to have testtubes in your outworld.