Ants in India

Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!

Moderator: ooper01

Antbud

Ants in India

Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:08 pm

looking to connect with any members in India. live in mumbai and keen to start with ant keeping - looking for support and advice...thanks

JadamJedi

Re: Ants in India

Mon May 07, 2018 3:28 am

I am not sure. I have never met anyone on here from Mumbai. However I encourage you to keep looking. Please also post any photos or write description of the beautiful little critters you see out there in India!!

averagebilly

Mon May 07, 2018 2:07 pm

Antbud wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:08 pm
looking to connect with any members in India. live in mumbai and keen to start with ant keeping - looking for support and advice...thanks
I didn't think that there would be anyone in my area who liked ants, but, when I started looking, I found that there were quite a few. I'm not sure about India, though, as there aren't any GAN farmers listed.
"Ant Love Forever" - Mikey Bustos

Kunal90Mumbai

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:55 am

Hey, I'm New to the Hobby and looking out to get My 1st Colony of Ants. But i dont know where to find them? I'm from Mumbai and would really love to connect with fellow Ant Keepers. :)

SpartanonFire

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:40 am

Hi man i am in Pune and keep ants termites and millipedes along with exotic fish.as for your query,mumbai,which i visit about once every 2 months ,has catalaucus,diAcamma,odontomachus anochetus, 2 sp. of tetraponera,about 5 sp. of polyrachis and a lot of campaotus sp.. i have seen these in the middle of the city in various parks.wish we can collaborate as fellow antkeepers as i do have some extra colonies if you want.in the sp. list i have avoided the common species as they are common.