New queen and also question

Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!

Moderator: ooper01

EEEEEEEEEE

New queen and also question

Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:18 am

So I in school. It was a rainy evening when out of the blue, I saw a queen ant. The gaster is yellow and the rest of the body is black. I saw the wing scar and I thought like "this probally a fertile queen". I caught her and I am so happy rn

The question is my mom probally don't want to buy me a test tube so any alternatives?(there are no floral shop in my area to buy that water thing in an AntsCanada's video)

rn I only put her in a container fill with dirt and small plants.
I put like layers of dirts so it actually deep.

antperson24

Re: New queen and also question

Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:02 am

EEEEEEEEEE wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:18 am
So I in school. It was a rainy evening when out of the blue, I saw a queen ant. The gaster is yellow and the rest of the body is black. I saw the wing scar and I thought like "this probally a fertile queen". I caught her and I am so happy rn

The question is my mom probally don't want to buy me a test tube so any alternatives?(there are no floral shop in my area to buy that water thing in an AntsCanada's video)

rn I only put her in a container fill with dirt and small plants.
I put like layers of dirts so it actually deep.
You could take a piece of tubing, cut it to size, then fill one end with hot glue, and use that like a test tube.
Why keep ants that aren't found in your yard?
There are so many fascinating ants right where you live!
I disagree with the keeping/buying of ants that aren't in your area.

Join Ants, Plants, and Myrmecology: https://discord.gg/BeQuNf8yTN