NEED HELP! HARVESYER ANTS!!!!!!

Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!

Moderator: ooper01

Amyalgahim

NEED HELP! HARVESYER ANTS!!!!!!

Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:21 pm

Please any help and information will be greatly appreciated. Before we were fully aware of the Harvester ants, we had ordered online at Amazon for our 6 y.o. After reading more, I've read that they bite/sting and can be very dangerous and sting/hurt extremely bad! We don't know what to do! I fear them getting out and biting our 6y.o. and having a bad reaction, even death. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: NEED HELP! HARVESYER ANTS!!!!!!

Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:18 am

Amyalgahim wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:21 pm
Please any help and information will be greatly appreciated. Before we were fully aware of the Harvester ants, we had ordered online at Amazon for our 6 y.o. After reading more, I've read that they bite/sting and can be very dangerous and sting/hurt extremely bad! We don't know what to do! I fear them getting out and biting our 6y.o. and having a bad reaction, even death. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
Okay, so if you put them in the fridge before introducing them to their nest they wont be fast or aggressive. I highly recommend making sure your 6 yr old doesn't feed them on his own, but it may comfort you to inform you they cant climb smooth surfaces, which is extremely helpful. You should feed them seeds and sugar water, and don't be surprised if you see eggs, despite not having a queen. Workers will lay infertile eggs which will develop into drones(Or male) ants.
When you accidentally reply to yourself…