Need Help

Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!

Moderator: ooper01

Eduardo

Need Help

Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:40 am

Hi everyone.

i recently got a Liometopum apiculatum queen whic by the way is doing so well but i have some question on how to keep this spicies there is little information on the internet on how to keep them so if youhave any inside i will apreciatet so much

Thanks all

Nico12

Re: Need Help

Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:49 pm

I did some research on this species after reading this post, and I found that it is actually a very interesting species (fully claustral incase you didn't know)! They make long foraging trails that last a long time and also they're very aggressive, spraying a noxious pheromone when aggravated, and the smallest disturbance to them or their nest can aggravate them. For the formicarium, I would suggest a natural setup with lots of rocks and stuff to make nests under(I've linked a video on how to do this below). For feeding, they are omnivorous and not picky about what they find. I hope this helps, and good luck taking care of this species. :D

Here's where I got the information: https://www.antwiki.org/wiki/Liometopum_apiculatum
https://youtu.be/8S8NGb1Kyu8?list=PLPCpHvgs4N5Yx_zLbdsqJlAsCH62u3jrL
8-) Ants Are Cool 8-)

Nico12

Re: Need Help

Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:21 pm

Eduardo wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:40 am
Hi everyone.

i recently got a Liometopum apiculatum queen whic by the way is doing so well but i have some question on how to keep this spicies there is little information on the internet on how to keep them so if youhave any inside i will apreciatet so much

Thanks all
Hello?
8-) Ants Are Cool 8-)