Keep queen's together for a qeek

Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!

Moderator: ooper01

TBreton

Keep queen's together for a qeek

Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:28 pm

Hi there. I just caught multiple queens and was wondering if I could keep them together for about a week for my new test tubes to arrive.

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: Keep queen's together for a qeek

Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:31 pm

TBreton wrote:
Hi there. I just caught multiple queens and was wondering if I could keep them together for about a week for my new test tubes to arrive.
Depends on spieces. To be safe, you can keep them in empty water bottles plugged with wet Cotten. I do know some people have successfully raised colonies like this.
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

TBreton

Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:08 pm

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
TBreton wrote:
Depends on spieces. To be safe, you can keep them in empty water bottles plugged with wet Cotten. I do know some people have successfully raised colonies like this.
I put them in old recycled syringes, with the ends covered in tape so the water doesn't get out. Will buy new tubes asap. Thanks

SolenopsisKeeper

Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:59 pm

TBreton wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:08 pm
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
TBreton wrote:
I put them in old recycled syringes, with the ends covered in tape so the water doesn't get out. Will buy new tubes asap. Thanks
Alright, sounds good. Good luck with your new founding queens! ;)
When you accidentally reply to yourself…