Camponotus

Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!

Moderator: ooper01

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: Camponotus

Thu May 12, 2022 7:37 am

WarPKUt wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:11 pm
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:01 pm
WarPKUt wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 6:14 pm

Ill let you know in a few months. Shouldn't be any longer then that before they get to at least 300.
Or the termites develop soldiers, causing the ants to avoid them.
When I caught the termites they already had a few soldiers (around 6 or so). Have not checked their population yet to see if there has been a boom. They don't have a official queen but a reproductive alate. Could mean they have more reproductives in there or maybe the curves egg laying.
Well, the termites don’t stand a chance. I sometimes watch old ant documentaries, and one was about army ants. Army ants… just a few soldiers can take out dozens of termite soldiers… my Camponotus take out crickets that got in from my house(They come in during winter), and with ease.
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

WarPKUt

Thu May 12, 2022 2:51 pm

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
WarPKUt wrote:
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:01 pm

Or the termites develop soldiers, causing the ants to avoid them.
When I caught the termites they already had a few soldiers (around 6 or so). Have not checked their population yet to see if there has been a boom. They don't have a official queen but a reproductive alate. Could mean they have more reproductives in there or maybe the curves egg laying.
Well, the termites don’t stand a chance. I sometimes watch old ant documentaries, and one was about army ants. Army ants… just a few soldiers can take out dozens of termite soldiers… my Camponotus take out crickets that got in from my house(They come in during winter), and with ease.
I'm excited to see first hand. ^^

SolenopsisKeeper

Thu May 12, 2022 8:02 pm

WarPKUt wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 2:51 pm
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
WarPKUt wrote:

I'm excited to see first hand. ^^
Imagine if the termites attack first, that would embarrassing for the Camponotus for not making a move sooner. Just wait for Camponotus majors ;)
When you accidentally reply to yourself…