New Ant Keeper here.

Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!

Moderator: ooper01

Nanatzunun

New Ant Keeper here.

Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:44 pm

Hey. I'm new to all of this. Any tips?

SYUTEO

Re: New Ant Keeper here.

Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:58 am

If you are looking for queen ants, then looking for them in early morning is usually a good time to look for some, but it depends on your location, queen ants will also fly at night near lamp posts, street lamps and most other light sources. You can still find them at any time of the day. There are many tutorials online that you can follow.

Alexandros

Re: New Ant Keeper here.

Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:01 pm

Nanatzunun wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:44 pm
Hey. I'm new to all of this. Any tips?
Also if you don't catch a queen this year or in a year from now, don't be upset. It takes time. If you found a queen though try not to stress her. you can take a look at her every 4-8 days. If she feels stressed, she might not lay eggs or eat her eggs or even die. So be patient and everything will come through.
New to ant keeping, keeping a Messor structor colony. Also I have 2 camponotus queens and what seems, 2 tetramorium queens :D

Λατρεύω τα μυρμήγκια!