Trap Jaw Ants

Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!

Moderator: ooper01

Imsome

Trap Jaw Ants

Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:41 am

I got a new trap jaw ant queen two days ago...I assume it's mated coz it has already shed it's wings...i actually don't know how to care for it coz it's semi caustral and has different needs and requires speacial care...can anyone tell me about how to care for the queen and some do's and dont's...I'm a beginner, I started ant keeping a couple of months ago...(my first queen was a fire ant queen) (I live in India,Goa) :) plz reply ...I don't want it to die :cry:

Antmanboy

Re: Trap Jaw Ants

Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:34 am

Imsome wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:41 am
I got a new trap jaw ant queen two days ago...I assume it's mated coz it has already shed it's wings...i actually don't know how to care for it coz it's semi caustral and has different needs and requires speacial care...can anyone tell me about how to care for the queen and some do's and dont's...I'm a beginner, I started ant keeping a couple of months ago...(my first queen was a fire ant queen) (I live in India,Goa) :) plz reply ...I don't want it to die :cry:
It's semi claustral so you have to feed it in a small outworld.I like to recommend the ac test tube portal.Feed it honey and small insects like mealworms or baby cockroaches.