Need help creating an ant paludarium!

Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!

Moderator: ooper01

iaminternetant

Need help creating an ant paludarium!

Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:50 pm

Hi there,

Pretty new to the ant world, but I have been inspired by the channel's recent videos on the floating Avatar islands and wanted to try something similar myself. While I don't want to create floating islands, I would like to make an enclosure with a sizeable water feature while also providing dry land with soil that critters like ants and worms can inhabit. The part I've been stuck on is creating a safe barrier between the land and water portions. I see that a lot of people use expanding foam or aquarium safe silicone, but I'm worried that the ants will simply chew through this and possibly get sick. Any suggestions on what to use to create a barrier? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

internetant

Antmanboy

Re: Need help creating an ant paludarium!

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:48 pm

What species are they? I'm curious because some species chew through more stuff thank others.