Search found 3 matches
Search found 3 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:43 am
- Forum: The AntsCanada Ant Main Forums
- Topic: New ant keeper question - terrarium
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1672
Hi guys! My husband and I caught a queen ant and had her in a test tube for months until she had about 7 workers. We wanted her to have more but her tube was getting mouldy and we struggled to move her. We placed the tube into the terrarium about 1 week ago and the colony moved in within 24 hours. P...
- Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:41 am
- Forum: Ant Species Identification Center
- Topic: Queen Ant Identification
- Replies: 59
- Views: 28173
We found this little ant today. Not sure if she is a small species/new queen or a male ant? Hopefully this link works. Found in Auckland, New Zealand. Can measure her if that’s helpful! https://www.reddit.com/r/ants/comments/e5uvhx/hi_guys_is_this_a_tiny_queen_new_queen_or_small/?utm_source=share&ut...
- Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:38 am
- Forum: Nuptial Flight Schedules and Sightings
- Topic: New Zealand nuptial flights
- Replies: 19
- Views: 4526
So happy to see other New Zealanders into ant keeping! We think we may have found a queen today but she’s small. Where is every one looking for queens in Auckland?