Search found 4 matches
Search found 4 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:39 am
- Forum: The AntsCanada Hybrid Nest Series
- Topic: Hybrid Nest Mini 2.0 for Brachymyrmex patagonicus?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3141
I was looking at the Hybrid Nest Mini 2.0 as a next step after my Brachymyrmex patagonicus leave the tube. They already have at least 25 workers, but difficult to count as they have hollowed out much of the cotton in their tube. They are SO small, I want to be sure I choose a formicarium that they w...
- Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:39 pm
- Forum: Ant Species Identification Center
- Topic: Queen found in Central Florida
- Replies: 0
- Views: 492
Help? This queen is 5-6 mm long, found in Tampa, Florida during early July, 2019. Kept her in test tube until had 15-20 workers, then moved to formicarium. She seems to be doing very well and currently has around 50 workers. I think it is Solenopsis Invicta , but I'm not sure. Any idea? PHOTOS: http...
- Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:01 am
- Forum: Ant Keeping for Beginners
- Topic: Can ants see through red plastic film?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1221
I've searched google and asked on a couple of forums, but haven't been able to get an answer to this so maybe it is just a dumb question. I watched a video that said ants couldn't see light through red plastic film, but the guy making the video said he was really new to this too so not sure. Here is...