Queen ant identification

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

ArgentineAnt

Queen ant identification

Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:28 pm

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum so I apologize for any mistakes I may make. About 4-5 days ago, near June 30, I found a queen ant in my pool in Phoenix, AZ. I put her in a test tube setup and she seems to be doing okay. She is yellowish in color, with a brown head and thorax, and brown stripes. She has not laid any eggs yet, but my one concern is that something bad may have happened to her, because she's missing a wing. Oh, and she's really small. Only about 4mm in length.

I also apologize for the poor quality of the photos. That's as clear as I can make the photo, and if it's not clear enough, please tell me. The species of queen ant I thought it might be were Solonopsis molesta, the thief ant, Linepithema Humile, the argentine ant, Myrnecocystus mexicanus, the honeypot ant, Monomorium pharaonis, the pharaoh ant, Penolepis imparis, the winter ant, and Tapinoma melanocephalum, the ghost ant. But I'm not an expert, and I would really like this ant to succeed. Thank you.

ArgentineAnt

Re: Queen ant identification

Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:54 pm

Sorry, the photos seem to have trouble loading for some reason, give me some time...