:(

Let us know of your ant colonies or queens that have passed away. We will grieve together but will also learn why your ants may not have succeeded.

Moderator: ooper01

AntLove5Ever

:(

Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:28 pm

The myrmica queen died. I might go around trying to dig up queens from their claustral chamber on saturday, but that might have been the last queen I'll get until feb-april, when prenolepis imparis flies.

Barfdog

Re: :(

Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:45 pm

AntLove5Ever wrote:The myrmica queen died. I might go around trying to dig up queens from their claustral chamber on saturday, but that might have been the last queen I'll get until feb-april, when prenolepis imparis flies.
Ah, I'm sorry she died on you. You'll find another! What is your location? You might have some chances still through November!
Keeper of:

One M1ABRAMS TANK AKA Camponotus Laevigatus Queen

AntLove5Ever

Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:05 pm

Barfdog wrote:
AntLove5Ever wrote:The myrmica queen died. I might go around trying to dig up queens from their claustral chamber on saturday, but that might have been the last queen I'll get until feb-april, when prenolepis imparis flies.
Ah, I'm sorry she died on you. You'll find another! What is your location? You might have some chances still through November!

Im in VA, but I am in a bad place to queen hunt. I may be able to find some though.

Barfdog

Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:56 pm

AntLove5Ever wrote:
Barfdog wrote:

Im in VA, but I am in a bad place to queen hunt. I may be able to find some though.
Hey, you've done it once before! You'll get another one. :D
Keeper of:

AntLove5Ever

Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:08 pm

But that was like 2 weeks ago but maybe I can find a myrmica and or ponera queen. Their nup flights don't end till nov i think.

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:57 pm

Sorry to hear that. I've had my fair share of Solenopsis queens die on me. Fortunately I usually get like 50+ when I go hunting.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

Barfdog

Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:24 am

MadVampy wrote:Sorry to hear that. I've had my fair share of Solenopsis queens die on me. Fortunately I usually get like 50+ when I go hunting.

Shame, only if you were in Nevada or Arizona, you could totally help us both out lol. It seems no one from Arizona is active here except myself.
Keeper of:

Theantguy13

Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:23 am

That sucks. I remember when my first solenopsis queen died I was so devastated, but that was before I found like 20 more. Don't give up hope cuz I found 8 today alone.