Hybrid Nests now out of stock!

Discussion and information relating to the AntsCanada Hybrid Nest Series.

Moderator: ooper01

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Hybrid Nests now out of stock!

Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:52 pm

Hello ant lovers,

Due to the overwhelming demand (so happy about this!), all of our Hybrid Nests are currently out of stock (so sad about this). When we first released the Hybrid Nests we never anticipated how popular they would be, and we even manufactured stock ahead of time just in case we would get more orders than expected.

Boy, were we shocked! The moment the Hybird Nests went live and first became available to our followers, we could see immediately that we weren't prepared for the demand as the orders were pouring in, so we purchased 3 more machines to keep up with manufacturing and shipping the Hybrid Nest orders.

We are still trying to catch up and are also working out some manufacturing bugs a long the way, so for now the Hybrid Nests will be unavailable for purchase. If you have already ordered, we assure you that you are in queue and will be receiving your Hybrid Nest as expected. We do not know yet when the Hybrid Nests will become available again, but please stay tuned as we will update you on our progress.

Your continued support for AntsCanada and our formicariums means so much to us. At that, we give you ant lovers a HUGE thank you for supporting and choosing us for housing of your ant colonies! If you require a formicarium immediately, I recommend any of our Omni Nests as they are also great formicarium choices.

Cheers,

Mikey
Ant Love Forever.

SweetDirtyTooth

Re: Hybrid Nests now out of stock!

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:42 am

How long does it take to produce a single Hybrid Nest?

CustomNature

Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:36 am

Thanks for the update! We can be patient, that's what this whole hobby is about. Looking forward to the hybrid 2.0 nests!

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:50 am

CustomNature wrote:Thanks for the update! We can be patient, that's what this whole hobby is about. Looking forward to the hybrid 2.0 nests!
Spoken in the words of a true ant keeper!
SweetDirtyTooth wrote:How long does it take to produce a single Hybrid Nest?
Up to 24 hrs. The machines as you can imagine are busy around the clock!
Ant Love Forever.

SweetDirtyTooth

Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:05 pm

Wow that is a long time :shock: Better start reserving them people!!! :lol:

Jacoblikescamponotus

Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:44 pm

Are the pumice stone nests still available

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:54 am

Jacoblikescamponotus wrote:Are the pumice stone nests still available
No, they are no longer available. They were great nests but had some flaws. Over time, the pumice would weaken and really small ants could escape, and the pumice stones required re-gluing. I do know that many ant keepers used them for years afterward, though without problems.

They are now a sort of AC collector's item and I would even offer to buy a pumice nest off any of our previous customers, just to have on my desk for memories. The materials I used to use are no longer available. The same goes for our old Habitat Nests, back when I had to drill holes in the glass! Wow! I remember a lot of wasted glass. Haha!
Ant Love Forever.

SweetDirtyTooth

Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:44 am

Yeah those are great Nests Id be more than happy to buy one

New2Ants

Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:42 pm

I can wait, I still have a few weeks until my test tube colony grows. I'll be looking forward to ordering more than one when they get back in stock in a few weeks :D

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:52 am

UPDATE ON HYBRID NEST AVAILABILITY:

Just a heads up guys, the Hybrid Nests will be back in stock in a few days. When they are, we suggest you guys place your orders asap because once the volume of orders grows to a size where we cannot manage to ship them out in timely fashion they will once again be unavailable until we catch up. So in essence, the Hybrid Nests will become available in spurts. For now only the Hybrid Nest Smalls will be available.

We will announce here in this HYBRID NEST subforum when they will become available again. Thanks everyone for your patience.
Ant Love Forever.