The start of Angelique's Colony

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

The start of Angelique's Colony

Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:45 pm

Ok so I'm going to start a new Journal because Angelique was the first to have a new born.

Angelique's first eclosed daughter arrived today!!! I checked at 6am and none had eclosed yet, I came home from work and found that her first daughter had eclosed and I made a couple of short vids showing Angelique and her first daughter. By the looks of it there will be couple more in thenext day or so. Damn happy to see things going well!

MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

larynx

Re: The start of Angelique's Colony

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:13 pm

nice videos. i love how the queens manicure the first workers, getting them ready for the heavy lifting. :D
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:20 pm

Update: After only one week since Angelique's first daughter was born she's up to 10-15 now (hard to count them). Things have really been busy this week. They have had their first liquid (sugar water) and protein (small fruit flies) meals and seem to be very productive and happy.

Now this week end they are going to get to move into the small solenopsis hybrid nest.it should be too bad of a move because I've noticed that quite a few times they have ventured to the cotton at the open end and poked around exploring. Always a good sign meaning they need to find other places. Well here's a short video of them in their tube. Sorry about the shaky video, I recorded it with my Gpad and wanted to try and show them clustered around Angelique. Also added music so you wouldn't hear me breathing. LoL :roll:

MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:

ooper01
Head Moderator

Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:51 pm

Very nice! I hope the move into the Hybrid goes well. Post some pics/vids afterwards.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:58 pm

Well after 2 weeks of trying to get her butt to move she finally did!!!!!! Glad she finally gave up on that nasty molded and almost dry testtube!!!!! Angelique and her daughters are now in their new digs! <------- every pun intended! :lol:

MadVampy

Head Forum Admin

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:59 pm

Well they are finally in their hybrid nest and seem happy enough.

https://youtu.be/YqgKSgbgRJM
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin

ooper01
Head Moderator

Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:28 am

Wow great setup Mike! It's going to be very cool to see this colony grow into their new digs :)
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:11 pm

ooper01 wrote:Wow great setup Mike! It's going to be very cool to see this colony grow into their new digs :)
Thanks, yea I want to see that happen too. Heck I already have another queen with many 4-6 nantics. And 6 others there not too far behind. Guess I need to join the GAN Farmer program.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin

GriffinAnt

Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:03 pm

thought one alredy was part of that outstanding group old boy? :D

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:48 pm

GriffinAnt wrote:thought one alredy was part of that outstanding group old boy? :D
Naw I have been holding off until I knew for sure there was going to be at least one or more that were for sure qualified to be ready for others to get. Big thing is I'm really not sure that there would be a demand for this state, beings Solenopsis is so readily available.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin