Exclusively For Batspiderfish :D

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

AqdasHassaan

Exclusively For Batspiderfish :D

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:20 am

Hey sir,

A big fan here. :D You never fail to impress me with your immense knowledge about ants and especially when it comes to Identifying an ant specie which is by far the most challenging area of this hobby in my opinion. Would like to know what else do you keep besides ants? Like I was curious to know if you also have spiders and fish as pets as well or you just randomly made up that name. :D No Offence

Proverbs66

Re: Exclusively For Batspiderfish :D

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:59 pm

I completely agree with aqdashassaan, your knowledge in this hobby is impressive and I too would like to learn how you identify ants with such accuracy. it would help hone my skills as an ant keeper :D
Let us remember that even though ants are wonderful creatures, even more magnificent is their creator 😌

AntLove5Ever

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:45 pm

Batspiderfish is impressive, and mainly how I learned to ID ants with decent accuracy is just experience, and seeing other people ID ants, and just building up your mental encyclopedia on ants, and all their features.

Batspiderfish

Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:12 am

Aww! Thanks! I am an amateur photographer, biologist, and seasoned hobbyist of six years who loves to keep the most unusual native species in my area. This has required me to learn the nuances of identification and ant taxonomy and to keep up-to-date with what hobbyists all over my country are finding. I am not incredibly skillful at identifying ants from outside of my region, but I can at least narrow down to the genus. I've found that the complexity, diversity, and beauty of local ants is something you have to learn about in order to be able to see.

Batspiderfish is a ridiculous amalgamation with the body of a fish, the legs of a spider, and the wings of a bat. It was originally a gamertag.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

AqdasHassaan

Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:17 am

Batspiderfish wrote:
Batspiderfish is a ridiculous amalgamation with the body of a fish, the legs of a spider, and the wings of a bat. It was originally a gamertag.
Hahaha nice. :lol:

Proverbs66

Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:08 pm

Thanks a lot I'll try to be more observant of ant's features in the future :)
Let us remember that even though ants are wonderful creatures, even more magnificent is their creator 😌

FarrAnts

Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:58 pm

Batspiderfish wrote:
Aww! Thanks! I am an amateur photographer, biologist, and seasoned hobbyist of six years who loves to keep the most unusual native species in my area. This has required me to learn the nuances of identification and ant taxonomy and to keep up-to-date with what hobbyists all over my country are finding. I am not incredibly skillful at identifying ants from outside of my region, but I can at least narrow down to the genus. I've found that the complexity, diversity, and beauty of local ants is something you have to learn about in order to be able to see.

Oooooo! Thanks for sharing all of this! What games did you play, if you don't mind telling us? 0-0
Ball is life... Ants included.

Batspiderfish

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:51 pm

FarrAnts wrote:
Oooooo! Thanks for sharing all of this! What games did you play, if you don't mind telling us? 0-0
I still play on PC every once in a while: Age of Empires II, Overwatch, and Civilization V are probably my favorite for multiplayer, and at least once a year I will go on a Minecraft kick. I have a pretty thick Steam library.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

FarrAnts

Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:33 pm

Batspiderfish wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:51 pm
FarrAnts wrote:
I still play on PC every once in a while: Age of Empires II, Overwatch, and Civilization V are probably my favorite for multiplayer, and at least once a year I will go on a Minecraft kick. I have a pretty thick Steam library.
Nice dude, hmu if you want to play some mc. Only game I have in common with you lol. I pre-ordered ww2 for ps4 if you're into that xD.
Ball is life... Ants included.

AqdasHassaan

Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:48 pm

so you guys not into mobile gaming.?