Found an injured queen

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

icat522

Found an injured queen

Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:48 pm

I keep finding ants when I'm not looking or inopportune moments. I found a lacius queen today at my martial arts studio. She looks quite injured with a dent in her gaster, almost kind of flattened, and I haven't seen her move her rear most set of legs. I also didn't have my test tubes with me. I drove her home and I now have her in a test tube set up. I believe I have done all that I can do. Is there anything more I can do or do I just have to hope? I imagine that leaving her be at this point is the best and only thing to do but can anyone tell me how badly she is hurt? If I find queens this hurt in the future is there any hope for them? Is there any hope for the one I have? She is in her tube and when I put her in she was moving her mouth and antennae but I don't have much confidence.

Proverbs66

Re: Found an injured queen

Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:06 pm

I really don't know, the first queen I ever caught during nuptial flight was an injured camponotus her head was stuck craning inward while
She dragged it on the ground it broke my heart man. So I let her go afraid that she would die in my care so I know how you feel. I guess all you can do is hope for the best and who knows nature has a way of surprising us God knows 🙁
Let us remember that even though ants are wonderful creatures, even more magnificent is their creator 😌