How can i start an Indian jumping ant colony

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

Waps7619

How can i start an Indian jumping ant colony

Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:08 pm

I want to start an Indian jumping ant colony I sometimes see workers on the wall (when I am not searching for them, they do not appear when I am searching for them) and I don't know where is their nest. So i want to know when are their nuptial flights or should I dig the colony? I live in north east India.

muhilanirudh

Re: How can i start an Indian jumping ant colony

Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 am

EVEN I LIVE IN INDIA WHERE DO YOU LIVE. IT WILL BE NICE TO KNOW A ANT KEEPER NEAR.

AqdasHassaan

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:36 am

Waps7619 wrote:
I want to start an Indian jumping ant colony I sometimes see workers on the wall (when I am not searching for them, they do not appear when I am searching for them) and I don't know where is their nest. So i want to know when are their nuptial flights or should I dig the colony? I live in north east India.
Can you provide us with the scientific name of the ants you are looking for.? A picture from internet might help as well. Don't really know what Indian jumping ants are. Plus this is horrible to dig down a wild colony of ants and I think no body would agree to that, at least here on the forum.

muhilanirudh

Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:04 pm

AqdasHassaan wrote:
Waps7619 wrote:
Can you provide us with the scientific name of the ants you are looking for.? A picture from internet might help as well. Don't really know what Indian jumping ants are. Plus this is horrible to dig down a wild colony of ants and I think no body would agree to that, at least here on the forum.
It is a type of bull ants that is present in India. It is the only bull ants that is present other than in Australia.
It's pretty sought out genius as they are pretty different from other ants.

Check this Youtube channel ants Australia which has a very informative vedio about bull ants.

It is also known as jumping Jack ants.

It is semi clustrial specious that can have a gamer gate.

AqdasHassaan

Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:47 pm

muhilanirudh wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:04 pm
AqdasHassaan wrote:
Waps7619 wrote:
It is a type of bull ants that is present in India. It is the only bull ants that is present other than in Australia.
It's pretty sought out genius as they are pretty different from other ants.

Check this Youtube channel ants Australia which has a very informative vedio about bull ants.

It is also known as jumping Jack ants.

It is semi clustrial specious that can have a gamer gate.
Interesting. :) Well that's incredibly new to me. Thanks bud. I'll definitely check out the video on bull ants.

SpartanonFire

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:42 am

h.venator are found deep in forests. i can tell you from personal expierience.very difficult to find and raiding them is equivalent to killing them a lot of times.pls dont try.