Large Vertical Omni Nest Outworld Cracking

Discussion and information relating to the AntsCanada Omni Nest Series.

Moderator: ooper01

JimboSpike

Large Vertical Omni Nest Outworld Cracking

Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:08 pm

Hi there. A while ago I got a large vertical omni nest. First of all the side bars that keep it together kept breaking on the ends where they are thin. I found a way around this, then today i applied talcum powder and surgical spirit (rubbing alcohol) to the outworld.

Within a few minutes I noticed small cracks along the top of the outworld and along some of the joins plus larger ones. Upon further inspection with my microscope the cracks were still actively spreading through the perspex.

Has anyone encountered this? Is this some kind of chemical reaction?

Also is there anyone who knows how to get into contact with the AntsCanada team so that i can discuss this problem with them?

Thanks.

ooper01
Head Moderator

Re: Large Vertical Omni Nest Outworld Cracking

Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:17 pm

Hey Jimbo,
I will direct Mikey to review this post. Thanks for the info.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:26 pm

JimboSpike wrote:Hi there. A while ago I got a large vertical omni nest. First of all the side bars that keep it together kept breaking on the ends where they are thin. I found a way around this, then today i applied talcum powder and surgical spirit (rubbing alcohol) to the outworld.

Within a few minutes I noticed small cracks along the top of the outworld and along some of the joins plus larger ones. Upon further inspection with my microscope the cracks were still actively spreading through the perspex.

Has anyone encountered this? Is this some kind of chemical reaction?

Also is there anyone who knows how to get into contact with the AntsCanada team so that i can discuss this problem with them?

Thanks.
Hi Jimbo,

I am sorry to hear about this. I am unsure what happened as this is the first time we have heard something like this ever happening. Please email us along with photos of the cracks, etc and we can send you a free replacement.

Mikey
Ant Love Forever.

JimboSpike

Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:12 pm

I've sent the email. Thanks for the quick response.