Bay Area Ants?

Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!

Moderator: ooper01

AntLove4Evr

Bay Area Ants?

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:10 am

I'm new to this antkeeping business and I want to know if there are any ants out here in the Bay Area. I live towards the inner bay, the Antioch-Brentwood area, and I was wondering was some good hotspots are. I've heard some stuff about solenopsis and pogonomyrmex living in this area, but I've never been too sure.

Much love! I appreciate the help!

shaky33

Re: Bay Area Ants?

Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:25 am

AntLove4Evr wrote:I'm new to this antkeeping business and I want to know if there are any ants out here in the Bay Area. I live towards the inner bay, the Antioch-Brentwood area, and I was wondering was some good hotspots are. I've heard some stuff about solenopsis and pogonomyrmex living in this area, but I've never been too sure.

Buddy no need to double post. The forum is already pretty busy.
- Rhytidoponera metallica
- Camponotus consobrinus x2
- **** sp.
- Nylanderia sp.
- Melaphorus sp.
- Camponotus cairns
- Crematogaster sp.
- Colobopsis sp.
- Myrmecia nigrocinta
- Iridomyrmex purpureus
- Camponotus eastwoodi

AntLove4Evr

Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:11 am

shaky33 wrote:
AntLove4Evr wrote:I'm new to this antkeeping business and I want to know if there are any ants out here in the Bay Area. I live towards the inner bay, the Antioch-Brentwood area, and I was wondering was some good hotspots are. I've heard some stuff about solenopsis and pogonomyrmex living in this area, but I've never been too sure.

Buddy no need to double post. The forum is already pretty busy.
Yea, that was a mistake on my part. I don't know how to delete posts... I'm new here.... :?

Luke925

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:38 pm

Where you ever able to find and Queens out in the Brentwood, Oakley, Antioch area? If so, what time of the year? I was thinking about heading our tomorrow and Sunday after the rains!

Luke