Acromyrmex Versicolor Setup?

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

DestinM

Acromyrmex Versicolor Setup?

Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:38 pm

Hey guys I recently learned that Arizona has its own native species of leafcutter ant(Acromyrmex Versicolor). I am against non-native ants as are most on these forums and never new I could have fungus growers. I really want to try and keep them now that I know I can but I can't seem to find out what to do as far as a setup goes. I know they can use a hybrid nest but since they are fungus growers I am not sure what setup they need to accommodate their fungus and them. All replies are greatly appreciated. Also if you have your own fungus grower setup pictures are really helpful. Thanks,
-Destin

shaky33

Re: Acromyrmex Versicolor Setup?

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:42 am

DestinM wrote:Hey guys I recently learned that Arizona has its own native species of leafcutter ant(Acromyrmex Versicolor). I am against non-native ants as are most on these forums and never new I could have fungus growers. I really want to try and keep them now that I know I can but I can't seem to find out what to do as far as a setup goes. I know they can use a hybrid nest but since they are fungus growers I am not sure what setup they need to accommodate their fungus and them. All replies are greatly appreciated. Also if you have your own fungus grower setup pictures are really helpful. Thanks,
-Destin
From what i've heard, you need a lot of room for their nest. If you are on formiculture try talking to dspdrew.
http://www.formiculture.com/topic/134-d ... continued/
try reading through this :)
- Rhytidoponera metallica
- Camponotus consobrinus x2
- **** sp.
- Nylanderia sp.
- Melaphorus sp.
- Camponotus cairns
- Crematogaster sp.
- Colobopsis sp.
- Myrmecia nigrocinta
- Iridomyrmex purpureus