Hello from Okinawa

Meet and Greet for New Members

Moderator: ooper01

BleedingRaindrops

Hello from Okinawa

Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:20 pm

Hi there. I've been on the forums for a couple of weeks now and just noticed this section. I'm new to ant keeping, but I've always found little creatures like Ants and spiders beautiful (though oddly enough I used to hate larger critters like cockroaches and crickets). I never imagined there was a whole community devoted to ant love. I've recently caught my first queens and look forward to seeing how they develop. I think I'm going to love it here.
Ants kept
Nylanderia sp.
Camponotus sp.
Paratrechina Longicornis
Pheidole sp.

Barfdog

Re: Hello from Okinawa

Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:11 pm

BleedingRaindrops wrote:Hi there. I've been on the forums for a couple of weeks now and just noticed this section. I'm new to ant keeping, but I've always found little creatures like Ants and spiders beautiful (though oddly enough I used to hate larger critters like cockroaches and crickets). I never imagined there was a whole community devoted to ant love. I've recently caught my first queens and look forward to seeing how they develop. I think I'm going to love it here.

Hey, glad to have you and nice job on catching those queens. The forum kind of goes into Hibernation when the ants do too haha.
Keeper of:

One M1ABRAMS TANK AKA Camponotus Laevigatus Queen

BleedingRaindrops

Re: Hello from Okinawa

Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:30 pm

Yeah I can see that. Nothing is hibernating here on Okinawa though. Not even the bugs. I eat lots of honey so they'll leave me alone.
Ants kept
Nylanderia sp.
Camponotus sp.
Paratrechina Longicornis
Pheidole sp.