First test tube set up - Mold - Help

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

KrispyMallow

Re: First test tube set up - Mold - Help

Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:19 am

I have pretty bad news... The mold seems to have killed the eggs... The queen appears to be fine. The eggs on the other hand seem darker in color and have not grown in size at all. By this time they should of hatched or at least grown. The queen doesn't seem to pay attention to them. I'm troubled what to do? Is it at all possible for me to just gently put her in to a new, clean test tube set up and hope she lays again? Can queens lay a 2nd gen if the 1st gen has perished? Should I attempt to feed her? Any suggestion extremely highly tremendously appreciated.

ooper01
Head Moderator

Re: First test tube set up - Mold - Help

Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:56 am

KrispyMallow wrote:I have pretty bad news... The mold seems to have killed the eggs... The queen appears to be fine. The eggs on the other hand seem darker in color and have not grown in size at all. By this time they should of hatched or at least grown. The queen doesn't seem to pay attention to them. I'm troubled what to do? Is it at all possible for me to just gently put her in to a new, clean test tube set up and hope she lays again? Can queens lay a 2nd gen if the 1st gen has perished? Should I attempt to feed her? Any suggestion extremely highly tremendously appreciated.
I don't see a problem providing her a new, clean test tube setup. You may try just attaching a new one end to end and taping them together, then poke holes in the tape around the seam to allow airflow.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator