Rip solenopsis invicta

Let us know of your ant colonies or queens that have passed away. We will grieve together but will also learn why your ants may not have succeeded.

Moderator: ooper01

Theantguy13

Rip solenopsis invicta

Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:42 pm

She died last night not sure how anyway RIP

ooper01
Head Moderator

Re: Rip solenopsis invicta

Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:04 am

Happens to all of us :(
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

Diversus

Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:17 pm

I hope my queen doesn't die she is a very pitiful queen who lays an eggs a week so i brood boosted her and to be honest i might have boosted her with solenopsis xyloni based on the lack of pigment but about 25 workers hatched form the brood in a day and seem extremely lazy compared to the other workers who are native to the queen so i'm pretty confused also if you have a tarheel ants formicarium how much water can you put in a water tower? thank you

Serafine

Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:48 am

I'd rather keep young colonies in a test tube as conditions are MUCH more stable and you have to absolutely not worry about hydration in any way. If they want to forage just put the test tube into an outworld, add some food (sugar water, dead insects - they already have water from the tube so no need to add more) and you're fine.

If you're worried about moisture levels in an open-topped test tube just put a drinking straw through the cotton, that will keep the water from evaporating and the tube moist.