What do your friends think of your Ant Addiction?

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

MikePH

Re: What do your friends think of your Ant Addiction?

Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:02 pm

I don't tell them I have a pet Ant I just wait for them to ask me. only my true friend know that I have a pet ant
and also my girl classmate thinks I'm a Ant nerd. But its fine :D :) :)

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:19 pm

Domrom17 wrote:My friends thought it was really weird that I kept ants. Now and then, they tease me about it, but they've got use to my "addiction" now :lol: . My mom always gives me a horrified look if I show her my ants, or talk about them. My sister thinks I'm a nerd because of it. Oddly through, my neice who is only five years old is obsseded with ants. She always likes to listen when I talk about them, and loves watching my ants. I have converted her to ant love, much to the dismay of her mom. :twisted: :lol:
Nice job in winning another over to the Dark Side! You know Ants like dark area's! :)
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

Mauritaniants

Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:37 pm

Last week, my friend was wondering why I was looking at the ground on all fours with a bunch of test tubes in a bag by my house.

I never seen him ever since...
jk :lol:

WillWithAnts

Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:27 pm

I can tell my mom is slightly interested, but whenever something could go wrong (i.e. test tubed queen dying) she's like "Hmm I don't know if you are doing this right..." and I say "I just have to keep working on it" :roll:

My sister and youngest brother seem kind of indifferent, but my other brother has been infected with the ant love! :o

He says he wants to keep my Camp. Penn. colony in his room! He can have it in his room after she is completely stable, maybe by next summer. Ant love forever!

DVeljacic

Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:38 pm

When I tell my friends hat I keep ants they just say "Of course You do".

flavus

Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:57 am

They join in and start looking on the ground :D

SweAnt

Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:00 am

AntsCanada wrote:
"You.. keep them as pets?"
"Yes."
"I have a whole bunch at my house you can take
Haha this is spot on!

Im called "Myran" at my work Place. It means "The ant". They all think i'm nuts to keep "pests" as pets haha. I cant understand how you dont fall in love with The little creatures as they are adorable and super facinating!

raxsoller

Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:14 am

at least my wife also love to watch my colony. my brother also jealous of my ants. but my in laws, no comment. hehe

antkeeperlevi

Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:54 pm

my friend's think I'm crazy because of it :x so now i have no friends because of it :( even my best friend from first grade (and now I'm going into 7 grade) turned against me :cry: which is very upsetting for me :cry: but they never even seen my ants :x and every person that i show them to immediately open their eyes wide and say this is amazing that you were able to do this.

antkeeperlevi

Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:17 pm

my friends think I'm crazy because of it :x so now i have no friends because of it :cry: which is very upsetting for me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :cry: